Each Workshop Is Designed To:
- Be 1-1.5 hours in length and provide opportunities to practice parenting skills in the workshop and beyond the workshop session by the delivery of ongoing weekly content to the home
- Stand alone or be grouped for a customized training
- Inspire families to utilize the ReadyRosie digital tool to extend learning beyond the workshop and into daily practice
- Build community and peer connections
- Connect families to local resources
- An easy to use facilitator’s guide
- A PowerPoint presentation with embedded modeled moment videos
- A bilingual customizable flyer to advertise to families
WORKSHOP 1: Relationships Matter
Parenting is rewarding and sometimes stressful. In this interactive workshop, families will share, discuss, and explore foundational positive parenting strategies. Participants will:
- Identify respectful relationships as a key to positive parenting.
- Discover “play” as an opportunity to practice positive parenting.
- Recognize the “why” behind challenging behaviors.
- Explore practical strategies to encourage positive behaviors including:
- Creating positive redirection strategies.
- Building self-regulation skills.
- Identifying and navigating family supports and stressors.
WORKSHOP 2: You Can Make a Difference
Building on information learned in the Relationships Matter workshop, this session explores practical strategies to use with children when they are choosing challenging behaviors as a way to communicate their wants or needs. Participants will:
- Identify additional practical strategies to encourage positive behaviors.
- Choose three positive behavioral strategies that can be applied with their families.
- Establish a plan to help guide their children’s positive behavioral choices.
- Practice new strategies.
- Discover the link between self-care and positive parenting interactions.
- Identify one new self-care action.
WORKSHOP 3: Families as Partners
Families learn and share about the impact they have as their children’s first and best teachers. Families will discuss research on the impact of family engagement, school readiness, and success. The role of technology will be explored. Participants will:
- Identify developmentally appropriate expectations for their children.
- Explore the impact of family engagement and children’s school and life success.
- Establish a goal and action steps for engagement.
- Explore ways technology supports family engagement.
- Discern pros and cons of media use and create a media usage plan for their families.
WORKSHOP 4: Words Matter! Building a Literacy-Rich Home Environment
Words are powerful! Words are everywhere! In this session, families will explore the importance of language, reading, singing, conversation, and storytelling with their children. Participants will be able to:
- Explore the power of words and a literacy-rich environment.
- Define interactive or dialogic reading.
- Establish “reading routines” for their families.
- Discover book selection strategies.
- Practice interactive sharing of a selected story, book, or song.
WORKSHOP 5: Math Matters! Building a Math-Rich Home Environment
Experience the joy of discovering math everywhere. Families will discover the importance of early math development in children and how to create a numeracy-rich home environment. Participants will:
- Practice developmentally appropriate math games and activities.
- Be more confident in their approach to helping their children enjoy math.
- Integrate math and literacy learning.
- Talk together with their children in ways that explore and build math skills and confidence.
WORKSHOP 6: Families as Leaders
Families examine leadership concepts and explore their roles as leaders in their homes, their communities, and their schools. In this workshop, families will:
- Discover tools and strategies for building strong family/school partnerships.
- Collaborate with other parents on finding and using local services and community resources, such as libraries, museums, and parks.
- Practice building confident advocacy skills.